Widely ascribed to Yogi Berra, this quote will warm you up to today’s topic: “How quickly we forget our history.” The hardest thing conservative activists face is effectively motivating the many who, for one reason or another, can’t, won’t, or don’t understand the threat we are under. Thousands of conservative writers are spot on describing the plight of America and what can or should be done about it.
Unfortunately, millions of you read and agree and then go about your daily lives with no further thought as to taking action. Waking up America is both the path forward and the only way we can achieve awareness and then act to engage the threat. Today, I’ll write to what amounts to a history lesson that I hope resonates in your bones, your mind, and your very being. Read along with me as I review a slice of history that should shake every American to his/her core.
It’s Déjà Vu All Over Again
Hello Fellow Patriots:
Yogi had it right. Like some kind of Ground Hog Day, people seem to repeat their history over and over again. Whether due to intellectual laziness, a poor education, too much focus on daily living, or other myriad reasons, America has a poor memory compared to other countries when it comes to learning political lessons. Lessons often learned by the expenditure of blood and treasure.
Case in point: America’s current infatuation with all things Collectiveness. Riddle me this Batman, point out to me all the successful countries in the world that thrive on Socialist, Marxist, or European style governance? North Korea anyone? Heck, everyone knows that Sweden is prosperous and Socialist; right? Europe in general? China? As Rush Limbaugh used to say…” For our friends in Loma Linda, the answer is none!”
- North Korea, Cuba, Viet Nam, China, and Laos are the only Communist countries left. There used to be 41 other communist countries, too many to list here.
- Sweden gave up socialism in the 1970s. Factoid: Only 9% of Swedes are favorable to socialism today vs. 36% of Americans.
- Europe has been becoming more like we used to be even as we are becoming more like they used to be. Isn’t that interesting?
- China is Communist, no question. But Communism could not feed their people or grow their economy so they became a hybrid, a Communist government with a Capitalist economy. That’s pragmatism. Except, having reached the goals they previously aspired to, they are currently reigning in Capitalism as they fear losing control of their own people. Revolution anyone?
This then brings us to the next chapter of our story that I’ll call “The Cold-Water Treatment.”
Here’s another Power Statement: Socialism, Communism, and Marxism are not just kissing cousins, they are identical triplets. Brothers and sisters with largely the same DNA, ambitions, goals, and philosophy. All three depend on a degree of coercion that Patriots immediately reject for all the reasons that freedom-loving individuals espouse.
Chapter II-The Cold-Water Treatment
Let me tell you a story plucked from the Congressional Record recorded on January 10, 1963, entitled Current Communist Goals. There were 45 goals discussed in this well-publicized hearing 58 years ago. Let me quote from just a few of the goals that World Communism espoused back then that were essential for their survival:
- U.S. acceptance of coexistence as the only alternative to atomic war.
- U.S. willingness to capitulate in preference to engaging in atomic war.
- Develop the illusion that total disarmament by the United States would be a demonstration of moral strength.
- Permit free trade between all nations regardless of Communist affiliation and regardless of whether or not items could be used for war.
- Grant recognition of Red China. Admission of Red China to the U.N.
- Promote the U.N. as the only hope for mankind. If its charter is rewritten, demand that it be set up as a one-world government with its own independent armed forces. (Some Communist leaders believe the world can be taken over as easily by the U.N. as by Moscow. Sometimes these two centers compete with each other as they are now doing in the Congo.)
- Continue giving Russia access to the U.S. Patent Office.
- Capture one or both of the political parties in the United States.
- Use technical decisions of the courts to weaken basic American institutions by claiming their activities violate civil rights.
- Get control of the schools. Use them as transmission belts for socialism and current Communist propaganda. Soften the curriculum. Get control of teachers’ associations. Put the party line in textbooks.
- Use student riots to foment public protests against programs or organizations which are under Communist attack.
- Infiltrate the press. Get control of book-review assignments, editorial writing, policymaking positions.
- Gain control of key positions in radio, TV, and motion pictures.
- Control art critics and directors of art museums. “Our plan is to promote ugliness, repulsive, meaningless art.”
- Eliminate all laws governing obscenity by calling them “censorship” and a violation of free speech and free press.
- Break down cultural standards of morality by promoting pornography and obscenity in books, magazines, motion pictures, radio, and TV.
- Present homosexuality, degeneracy, and promiscuity as “normal, natural, healthy.”
- Infiltrate the churches and replace religion with “social” religion. Discredit the Bible and emphasize the need for intellectual maturity which does not need a “religious crutch.”
- Eliminate prayer or any phase of religious expression in the schools on the ground that it violates the principle of “separation of church and state.”
- Discredit the American Constitution by calling it inadequate, old-fashioned, out of step with modern needs, a hindrance to cooperation between nations on a worldwide basis.
- Discredit the American Founding Fathers. Present them as selfish aristocrats who had no concern for the “common man.”
- Infiltrate and gain control of more unions.
- Infiltrate and gain control of big business.
- Transfer some of the powers of arrest from the police to social agencies. Treat all behavioral problems as psychiatric disorders which no one but psychiatrists can understand [or treat].
- Dominate the psychiatric profession and use mental health laws as a means of gaining coercive control over those who oppose Communist goals.
- Discredit the family as an institution. Encourage promiscuity and easy divorce.
- Create the impression that violence and insurrection are legitimate aspects of the American tradition; that students and special-interest groups should rise up and use united force to solve economic, political or social problems.
- Internationalize the Panama Canal.
- Repeal the Connally reservation so the United States cannot prevent the World Court from seizing jurisdiction [over domestic problems.
The foregoing is so stark, compelling, and should raise the hair on the back of your neck that you may think this is made up. Go to www.1plus1equals2.com and read the source material for yourself under the heading of “Resources”. The degree that our country has moved slowly but inexplicably towards Marxism is undeniable. Read the bullets above and realize that Marxism is taking hold here, right before our eyes. Who is driving this relentless attack on our institutions, morals and, history? And, how have they been getting away with it for so long and so openly?
The best source material you will ever read is the book “The Naked Communist” by W. Cleon Skousen. Here are a few excerpts:
- It is a terrible and awesome thing when a man sets out to create all other men in his own image. Such became the goal and all-consuming ambition of Karl Marx.
- Marx surveyed the world and dreamed of the day when the whole body of humanity could be forced into a gigantic social image which conformed completely to Marx’s dream of a perfect society.
- He visualized a regimented breed of Pavlovian men whose minds could be triggered into immediate action by signals from their masters. He wanted a race of men who would no longer depend upon free will, ethics, morals or conscience for guidance.
- Marx was setting out to create a race of human beings conditioned to think like criminals.
- A new race of man to be named…Homo-Marxian
- He lives exclusively by the jungle law of selfish survival. In terms of these values, he is rational almost to the point of mathematical precision.
- Self-preservation is given as the sole justification for his own behavior
Scary, over the top, or hyperbole? I for one shudder with fear at the power of individuals so debased, lacking in humanity and so set against that spark of the divine resident in each man or woman that they would consciously and with glee condemn us to oblivion, with little distinction between the average farm animal and humanity. That other humans can think like that, act like that is beyond my ability to comprehend. As you read these words, I wonder what you are thinking? Do you read this essay without emotion, as if you are reading a work of fiction?
Are you angry but feel as if you have no outlet for your anger? Do you take a biblical position that the End of Days is coming? That you must be free to think and contemplate is the nexus proposition I hope you understand and accept. Under Marxist, Communist or Socialistic views your free will cannot coexist with these means of enslaving your mind and body. You are either free or you are not. Socialism, Communism, Totalitarianism, and other hybrids are born of the same Mother. America is moving in this direction.
Just as one plus one equals two is true, you are either free to make your own way or you are not. All the “isms” ultimately artificially restrain you from living your life standing on your own two legs. Only by living and exceeding and sometimes failing along the way can we truly be free.
Only freedom enlarges the pie and leads to prosperity. Communism, Socialism, and all the rest must steal from Free People to paper over their inherent failures. China’s use of Capitalism to grow their economy and feed their people, all the while stealing intellectual property willy-nilly is all the proof you need that Capitalism, with all its faults and warts, is infinitely superior to everything else.
Teach the children, resist a government that would lead them down the path of ruin. Live your life in the light and in a manner that God and logic demand. Be the shepherd of your flock and always be gracious, giving, and good because it is logical and right to be.
Fellow Patriots, it is my job, your job, everyone’s job to postulizing what is required to enjoy a successful and upright life. When we all live right, our society grows and the bounty that results lifts all boats. Good must confront evil. I hope you agree and thank you for reading along with me.
One last thing. Please leave your comments and spread this history. That is something concrete that you can do that makes a difference. Is there a topic you would like me to write about? I’m always interested in your feedback and ideas.
God Bless America
Allan J. Feifer